Saturday, August 28, 2004

Another day...


Posted by Hello
I’m starting to think I may be too boring to be the voice of Bake Town. I don’t do anything. Thursday night Social D was in town & everybody went. Not me. Last night I was supposed to go see a local band with some friends, but instead I stayed home and watched reruns of American Justice. Oh well, I guess somebody needs to provide useless bits of Bakersfield trivia.

I really don’t have much to report today (so far). The paper continues to run reports about the now homeless sex offender. One very big-hearted man wrote a letter to the editor and said “What the police and the media did to this poor man is sinful and stinks.” Hello!!! He raped, sodomized and beat up a 49 year old lady!! If that dude feels so sorry for him maybe he should let Kamanoto bunk with him for a while.

Here’s a funny story… some guy in Taft stole a bike and when a sheriff came to get him he “punched the deputy in the head” then ran away and climbed up a big tree. “He stayed there for the rest of the morning, staring down at the eight law enforcement officers that eventually gathered below him.”

I could report on the big Shafter vs. Bakersfield stand off, but it’s really not that interesting. I think I’ll just go back to bed.