Thursday, August 19, 2004

Steppin' Out

The “Downtown Summer Street Faire” is tonight. I haven’t been in a long time, but I think I might check it out. I owe it to my loyal readers to keep up on the Bake Town scene. Past street fairs were kinda boring (except for the one when a lady got drunk at the Cat and decided to go for a drive down Chester) but I’m willing to keep an open mind and give it go. Then again, Eddie Money is playing a free concert at Yokuts Park tonight. I hate to pass up the “Bud Light Rockin’ by The River” events.

Tomorrow night I think I may go back to Fishlips. A friend and I went a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the band – I don’t know the name of it, but Monty Byrom is the front man. The music is kinda county, rock-n-roll, bluesy and it’s good. The best part is watching the old folks getting up to ‘shake that money maker.’ There’s going to be an article in the paper about it tomorrow.

Hopefully this weekend will turn out better than last Sunday night.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    When did a drunk lady drive through the street faire? That's hilarious too, unless of course she ran over anybody. That would be terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:05 PM

    When did a drunk lady drive through the street faire? That's hilarious too, unless of course she ran over anybody. That would be terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About 15 years ago (I was pregnant at the time.) And she hit seveal people but no one was killed. It happened right in front of me!!

    ReplyDelete