Thursday, December 02, 2004

Oh, the pain! THE PAIN!!

One of my dear friends (as well as a devoted reader) brought this article to my attention. I thought that was funny cuz I was already thinking about blogging about it. When I picked up the paper today, smack in the middle of the front page I saw a full color picture of a woman who looked very familiar to me. Sure enough! It’s Bethany! We were friends in Jr. High but lost touch over the years.

The article talks about how Bethany had her foster child taken from her when she tested positive for marijuana after giving birth to her fourth child 2 months ago. (Holy crap woman! Put a cork in it!) Bethany has untreated scoliosis and suffers from chronic back pain so she smokes medical marijuana under her doctor’s orders. My friend was quick to point out that I too, the Bake Girl, live with untreated scoliosis. My spine forms an almost perfect ‘S’ just above my hips. (Which sucks cuz if it was straight I’d be at least 5’6”.)

I would go on, but my back is suddenly starting to ache painfully. Where’s the number for that doctor?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh - that is kind of you. And very nice to hear (blushing.) Are you from Bakersfield?

    ReplyDelete