Sunday, February 20, 2005

Drive my Chevy to the Levy



I have been noticeably absent this weekend. Not because someone called me a “fat pig” but because I have decided to sell my car and purchase another, so I’ve been obsessing about it for days. What I really want, I can’t afford, and what I can afford I don’t really want. I’ve been scouring the internet looking for the best car and I drove out to the Auto Mall twice looking for the best deal. In the end, I decided to buy my friend’s car. She lives right down the street and is willing to give me a good price.

So now I’m all excited to sell my car. It’s a good car; it’s just not my style. It’s my Papa’s style. He bought the car new in 1995 and drove it down the street to the store a couple of times a week. When he turned 91 and the DMV refused to renew his license, he sold it to me. My last car was a little convertible – no power nothin’. It took effort to drive that car. Effort, determination and stamina. I loved that car and I drove it until death did us part. It’s buried in the back yard.

Needless to say, I had a hard time adjusting to my change in transportation. The front seat of the Lumina is so soft and plush, I feel like I’m sitting on a sofa. Everything has so much power, driving is effortless. I was afraid I was going to nod off cruising down Truxtun Ave. I love the A/C. It can be 110 outside, but within seconds of starting my car and turning on the air I would be blasted into the backseat by the arctic winds. I’m going to miss that A/C.

I started with an ad on Bakotopia. Pass the word around. Anyone looking for a great running car with LOW miles and a CHEAP price – see me. ($200 Tercel – Maybe you should consider it!)

This is a lucky car. I won an iPod mini during the same period of time I owned it. Plus, the trunk has enough room for several dead bodies.