Thursday, March 31, 2005

I confess

I can’t take it anymore. I have to spill it. Besides the crappy news about my son’s eyeballs and my brief visit to Crazyville, there is something else going on which has kept me from keeping y’all abreast of the haps in Bake Town. I met someone I like. This person I like, who for the purposes of this web site shall now and forever be known as Chuck, has been distracting me from my duties. In other words, when I coulda, shoulda, woulda been blogging, I’ve been talking to Chuck. (Yes – just talking. Get your mind out of the gutter.)

Isn’t it fun to find someone new to talk to? Someone you can actually have a conversation with as opposed to listening to them talk and wondering if they’re ever going to shut up. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I somehow send out signals to draw in people who like to listen to themselves talk and never know when to stop. Maybe I have some crazy unknown pheromone that attracts idiots who try to sound smart by using big words they obviously don’t know the meaning of. I think it’s because there’s a serious shortage of intelligent, eligible men in Bakersfield. I think they all moved to Santa Barbara. Nevertheless, I somehow managed to find a good guy just around the corner. That rocks!

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve also been neglecting my work. I’m gonna go play catch up now.

1 comment: