Monday, March 14, 2005

My evening out - Part Two

Here's the rest of story I began I few days ago.

After finishing our delicious meal at Xander’s I decided to show Kady another new place in town. The Cigar Bar on 17th Street off Chester. It’s been there for a while, but it’s still relatively undiscovered. If you abhor smoking this is not the place for you. If you do smoke or at least don’t mind, it’s a nice change of pace. The space is relatively small, but the back is a large open room with comfy sofas. The décor is warm and comfortable, much like I’d expect a cigar bar to be. They serve beer and wine and, of course, cigars. Kady and I ordered a glass of wine, then went sat on one of the sofas.

Not long after we arrived a very friendly man named Micky, walked into the back looking for his blind date. We thought maybe he suspected it was one of us, but then he explained that he is gay, thus his date is with a man. We chatted briefly, then he returned to the front room. Later I noticed one of my neighbors in the same room, so Kady and I moved our location to the bar. There we quickly noticed that the man on the blind date with Micky did not look very comfortable. As a matter of fact, he looked downright mortified. Kady began to talk to Micky again, and his date turned to me and said with total desperation “I’M NOT GAY!” It’s still unclear to me who would do that to someone and why, but there it was. Ross was pretty cool about it considering. Nonetheless, Kady and I were recruited to rescue the situation and our two-some suddenly became a four-some.

After the cigar-bar we headed down to PJ’s nightclub for some jazz. It was still early so we were able to get a table right away. The band playing was great as usual and it was nice to be able to sit at a table and be served by a waitress. We enjoyed the music and the conversation and Kady & Micky enjoyed a dance. That really got things going and the next thing I knew, we were at Casablanca, the gay dance club not far from The Mint.

Micky showed off his moves on the dance floor while the rest of us enjoyed a drink nearby. I kept my eyes peeled for Enrique but I never saw him. He probably doesn’t like to go to that tacky place. Ross and I got up and danced a few times too, whenever I heard a song I liked and dragged him onto the floor.

Over all I’d say a good time was had by all, although I doubt Ross will ever go on a blind date again.