Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Songs of Bakersfield

Not much has been going on lately. The weather has been gorgeous so I’ve been spending as much time outside as possible. Last night my friend Gee took me to Mexicali in honor of Waist High’s B-day. That was pretty fun. I was thinking about going camping with my brother this weekend, but now the forecast is calling for rain all weekend and camping in the rain does not sound like fun to me.

Tonight it looks like I’ll be completing my first assignment for Bakotopia. I’m going to go out, talk to people, and take their picture to be posted later. I sure hope I’m up for the job.

Todd, of poker night fame, sent me an email asking a good question. Besides “The Streets of Bakersfield” how many other songs are about our town? Unfortunately, I may know a lot about Bako, but don’t know a lot about music. (Except that I like it, of course.)

So I ask you – how many other songs are about Bakersfield?