Thursday, April 07, 2005

Burning Down The (Eye Doctor's) House

I just got back from taking my son to the Ophthalmologist to be fitted for a special lens to treat his Keratoconus. I can’t say it well. Paul has a phobia of putting anything even near his eyes, so the idea of sticking a hard contact in there is out of the question. The glasses he got a couple of days ago are worthless, which is pretty much what we expected. Paul says he’s used to seeing out of one eye and doesn’t think it’s a big deal. He has no depth perception but, hey - whatever.

The doctor said that a huge part of learning how to wear hard contacts is motivation and if Paul isn’t motivated we should just forget about it. Great - Thanks doc. (effing quack) My son is going blind and we should just forget about it?

I take back what I said about that Arson guy. Somebody get me a match.