Monday, April 25, 2005

Cops on Bikes

On the way to work the other day I saw a couple of cops on bicycles. I’m sure they are needed and effective, but for some reason I always think it’s funny to see a cop on a bike. They just don’t look very intimidating in those kooky helmets and riding shorts. I can’t help but laugh when I imagine a cop pedaling furiously trying to pull over car panting, ‘Stop! Police! Stop! Please stop.’ So you can understand why this line in the paper caught my eye this morning – “Bike officers caught suspected pirate Sunday at a swap meet.”

The article describes how Sheriffs “Noticed three people acting suspiciously and trying to blend in with the crowd” and ran when they were approached. One of the three was caught and arrested for possessing pirated DVD movies.

You gotta be pretty stupid to not be able to look normal in a swap meet crowd. Somebody else must have pirated those movies for him.


This is totally unrelated, but I'm going to toss it out there anyway. Someone wrote a letter to the paper about the Borba dairy and ended it with "One way or another the dairy-air coming from the cow's derrieres will be noticeable to everyone. Cow-nt on it." If they hadn't published the author's name I would have thought my dad wrote it.