Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I Can't Believe It!

There was shocking news in the headline on the front page of today’s paper - “Family blames bouncers for death.” I am aghast. The Coroner determined that the cause of death was strangulation, but the family said that Sepeda was also beaten and that “Six bouncers” murdered him. Six bouncers beating and choking one man is definitely over kill.

I have a very good friend who works as a camera man for KGET. Just by coincidence, he happened to be in the emergency room when they brought Sepeda in. My friend told me that he looked blue and then went on to describe the efforts that were made to save Sepeda’s life. When I asked him if he looked badly beaten he said, “No. But he did look like he had a broken nose.”

Just goes to show, there are always two sides to the story. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.