Monday, May 02, 2005

Congratulations!



We have a new mini celebrity in town. Brian Parks of Bakersfield, CA won 1st place in the 2005 APA National Singles Championships last week. That means he’s the best amateur pool player in the United States. Chuck is also in the American Pool players Association (which bills its self as “The Governing Body of Amateur Pool”) so he was all excited about Brian winning. Chuck is very excitable like that.

As some of you know, I like to play pool. I played against Chuck one day and he is pretty good. He said that according to his league’s rules I would be a three and he’s a six. I told him if he’s a six then I gotta be at least a nine, and then he reminded me we were talking about pool so I said, “You’re mama’s a three” and he quit talking to me after that.

Of course I let him win so he wouldn’t feel bad. Sucker.