Thursday, June 09, 2005

No Way Jose!

There’s an article in the local section today claiming that Bakersfield drivers are some of the best in the nation. According to a survey done by Allstate Insurance, Bakersfield ranks 19th out of 197 cities with populations over 100,000.

I find this very hard to believe. I see someone run a red light every single day, I see people block intersections nearly every day and I have seen two people turn the wrong way down a one way street in the last month. I would walk to avoid chances of getting into an accident, but as we all know, the sidewalks are not safe either.

The reporter interviewed several owners of different auto body shops in town and they all expressed surprise as well. Ben Caroccio, manager of Family Motors Autobody and Paint said that business is booming, then added, “And it’s not even raining yet.”

See what I mean?