Thursday, June 09, 2005

Wine Tasting PMC Style

There’s an article in the paper today about the upcoming Pine Mountain Wine Tasting Festival. The first line of the article reads, “Residents are gearing up for the expected arrival of up to 1,000 or more oenophiles.” I love the fact that they used that word. Half of the people reading the paper will not know what it means, but that’s okay. Maybe they’ll make use of a dictionary.

Pine Mountain Club is a beautiful place. I didn’t even know the town existed until about 3 years ago when I met a man from there. I’m pretty sure he thought I was an idiot when I gave him a blank stare after he told me where he was from.

Now I can say I have been to PMC several times, especially when they have a festival. They have festivals all the time up there. There’s a Lilac festival, a fall festival, a music festival and, of course, a wine tasting festival. It’s a great place to go for a nice little day trip. The wine was great and the food was great and overall every thing was really great. The only thing that wasn’t great was contemplating the drive home after all that wine tasting.

The road to PMC is very narrow and winding. Once you’re past all that you get to I-5 and the most treacherous part of the grapevine. It’s not a drive you want to take with a buzz on. I suggest you do what I did. Take a blanket and find a nice spot under a shady tree to pass out.

I mean, take a nap. (Sorry Mom!)