Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A culinary trip down memory lane.

I had a lovely time visiting with Amy from NY last night. We met a Bill Lee’s for appetizers and a yummy Mai Tai in a coconut cup. Amy was in town visiting her family and (she didn’t say this) I think she was ready to go back to NY. I told her to meet me in the bar cuz I love the décor in there and I visit often enough that all the servers know me by name. Amy seemed to like it too. We talked about how when we were little our parents would sometimes take us to either Bill Lee’s or Rice Bowl next door, and how for some reason, over time, it turned into just Rice Bowl. We also agreed that just about the only thing we would eat were the spare ribs and fried shrimp.

Amy literally clapped her hands with glee when she looked down at her plate and saw one rib, and one shrimp. Just like the good ol’ days.