Sunday, July 31, 2005

This is SO big I'm going to have to deliver it in pieces.

If I had to pick a “best part” of the Blogher conference this weekend (which is difficult to do) I would have to say it was meeting and talking to all the other bloggers. Men and women alike. (Despite what some people thought, it was NOT a dyke fest. 20% of the attendees were male. Males with very big huevos, and kind, and gentle souls. OR (in some cases) looking to meet hot chicks.) Nonetheless, the BEST conversations I had were with the women I met. We talked about blogging (naturally), our children, sex, pooping, peeing our pants, and our very first painful tampon experiences (among other things.) And, of course - we laughed. And we laughed. And we laughed. It was wonderful.

One of the “identity bloggers” on the panel with Dooce (DOOCE! I saw her! I spoke to her! I LOVE HER!) was an amazing woman named Ronni. Her blog, Time Goes By, is fascinating! As is she. (I want her to meet my mom.) At the end of the conference she stood up and told us all that she had never been a part of an women’s group event before. She said she found it to be the most amazing experience and that she would never pass up the opportunity to do so again.

She took the words right out of my mouth.