Friday, August 05, 2005

Another quick post on my recent trip.

When I got into my hotel room, the first thing I did, naturally, was investigate. I checked out the “Refreshment Center,” which included a tiny can of “Jumbo Cashews” for $7.50, and a $2.75 can of Sprite. I was hungry, but not THAT hungry. Next I visited the restroom where I found a small “shaving” mirror attached to the wall and basically RIGHT IN MY FACE. I looked at for minute, thinking maybe I could flip it over and move it somehow so I could look at the back of my head. When I realized I could not I peered into the mirror, then yelped and jumped back.

The magnification on that thing must have been times a million. I could see every pore, every hair, every bump, every blackhead, I never knew I had. I immediately reached for my tweezers, but found none. Then I began to try and dig out a black head which apparently had been with me since the 80’s. Once I got it out and saw the giant red blotch I had created I decided to never look into that mirror again. If fact, I decided, I would avoid the bathroom all together.

I used the toilet in the hotel lobby.