Friday, August 19, 2005

Doing the best I can with what I got.

I’m afraid I don’t have much good news to report (sigh.) I was chastised earlier by Ninja for not being up lifting enough. It’s hard to be up lifting when the biggest local news story is two bodies found in a house in south Bakersfield today. The last time I tried to make light of a murder I got my butt reamed by his angry cousin. I can’t please all of the people all of the time and I ain’t gonna try and start here.

Here’s some sorta good news. A judge has FINALLY dismissed Vincent Brother’s attorney from the case because he was sick and tired of his lame ass excuses. Yesterday was the fourth hearing scheduled for Brother’s arraignment. Not the trial. The arraignment! Defense Attorney Kevin Little’s excuses for wanting to postpone it again were that he needed time to prepare. I’m sorry, but does he sound a like Jr. High school student to anyone else? So far his excuses have been, I don’t feel good, I’ve got family issues, and (my favorite) It’s not fair !

Okay, there is something else we could talk about. There’s a small article in the paper today about a man who is on life support after, “he became involved in an altercation with staff at the Kern County jail after his arrest on Monday.” REALLY? That’s interesting cuz a journalist friend of mine just happened to have emailed me this interesting little article. It would be fascinating to find out the number of deaths of people during or following police custody in Kern County, wouldn’t it? Why doesn’t someone work on that and get back to me.

Meanwhile, I’m leaving to go see the Bo Diddley show at CSUB. Yeah baby! And on an even more light hearted note (just for Ninja’s sake) I spent the day eating bologna sandwiches and playing Frisbee in the park with my son, which is why my news update is so late.

I’ll be at Pismo Beach tomorrow, which is pretty much where everybody in Bakersfield goes the weekend before school starts. So I guess I'll see y’all there!