Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Got Gas?

I was out of gas and just about out of money yesterday when I went to fill up yesterday. Usually I can fill my tank with twenty bucks. I noticed that the prices had already gone up from $2.67 to $2.76 in one day. I only had ten bucks on me, so I put it in and as I drove off I had almost a half tank of gas, so I figured I didn’t do too bad. Today after watching the news for awhile I decided to get my butt back to the station and fill my tank before the prices go through the roof.

The AM/PM by my house usually has some of the cheapest gas in town. As I pulled up the sign said that the price had gone up to $2.89. I guess that’s not bad. I heard that in some places gas prices are already $4.99. I put twenty bucks in and started to fill my tank. As I pumped I noticed that it said on the pump that I was paying $2.78. Ha! I must of gotten there before they made the switch. Thank God. That twenty bucks bought me a half tank of gas. On the way home I turned off the A/C and drove very, very slowly.

I wonder of all those people who bought Hummers are feeling so cool now.