Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Reflections

After thinking about it for a few days, I decided the reason the BlogHer conference was so great was because everyone there was so into it. Everybody seemed to have an innate appreciation and respect for each other. One of the bloggers sitting at my table turned to me at one point and said, “I feel like I’m with my people.” I would say I felt the same but then, Dooce was sitting a few feet away, and she is so WAY out of my league.

The intelligence of the women around me, and their ability to articulate their ideas was astounding. I was very impressed with the strength and conviction that each person spoke with and it made realize something I had not before. I am a part of something huge, and powerful, and wonderful. I had never thought about it that way before. If used correctly, these blogs, this amazing new tool, has the power to change the world.

One day at a time.