Monday, September 19, 2005

Rockin' for the Red Cross

I went to the Hurricane Katrina Relief Benefit at the Dome yesterday to help out and check out the bands. Boy did I get more than I expected! Not only did get to enjoy listening to all twelve bands, I also got to enjoy selling the tickets and collecting almost $3,000 dollars for the Red Cross. Ten and half hours was a little longer than I had expected to be there, but after seeing all the work that Matt, and JR, and Nick, had done to make the event happen, I figured it was the least that I could do. Matildakay was right there with me the whole time paying the heavy and watching the door. She is much tougher than I am.

Of course we did get a couple of breaks and we were able to catch The Filthies, who totally kick ass. It was fun to watch the kids moshing, or as I like to call it, skipping in a circle while hitting the people around you. I can’t believe I ever did that. I did. Not often, but I did. I may have had better skin back then, but I certainly didn’t have a better mind.

Congrats to all those who worked so hard to put this event on! As far as I’m concerned, you all rock!