Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year to You!

I thought I’d try and start the New Year out right and begin by blogging.  Sorry ‘bout leaving y’all hanging the past couple of weeks.  I’ve been enjoying my time off with my kid.  I also enjoyed some of my time off recently with someone else’s kid.

Early last week I took Waist High’s daughter, commonly known as LTD (or Lovely Teenaged Daughter) to lunch a Mexicali.  I had never met her before.  She was very sweet and well spoken – not at all like her mother.  I got her drunk on margaritas, and she shared her horrific experiences of growing up with a nut job.   Towards the end she began to cling to me, weeping and begging that I save her.  It broke my heart.  I am now working on an adoption plan, so if any of you care to donate….  

What else?... Paul is doing very well and everyday his vision gets a little better.  It’s amazing.  Paul and I want to thank you all again for your good thoughts and warm wishes.  We were very touched by all the calls, emails, and comments.  Your support is and was greatly appreciated.

I’m afraid I don’t have much else to report.  I haven’t read a paper in weeks, but I swear I’m going to go get one today.  I didn’t do anything for New Year’s Eve cuz I’m a sick, sad, pathetic human being.  I was home alone watching The March of the Penguins when midnight struck.  New Year’s Eve has historically been a very bad night for me.  I often find myself crying when everyone around me is cheering and ringing in the New Year.  I decided to play it safe last night.  Now I’m up early, bright eyed and bushy tailed (I dunno – my mom used to say that) and ready to have the best year ever.

Oh wait.  My twenty year high school reunion is this year.  Gag.  I can not possibly be that old.