Monday, February 06, 2006

R.I.P.


Frank w/ Waist High (circa - not that very, long ago.)

I just learned Frank Amestory III died today. He had a heart attack at his home. Waist High called to ask if I knew anything , and regrettaby I did not.


I found two things about The Californian’s article reporting his death kinda funny. One – they described him as being, “known for his colorful language, risqué humor and willingness to mix it up if necessary. (To say the least!) And second that, “In the last few months, it (the bar) also had become trendy, having been discovered by the 21- to 25-year-old set.”



I challenge anyone one to prove that assertion to Waist High.








The pictures shown above were taken the last time I was at Amesoty's. One is of the infamous cealing. The other is of a bar fight in progress. Frank did eventually come out with his bat to settle this one as well.