Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bat Attack

A six year old boy was bitten on the foot by a bat inside a Payless Shoe store a couple of days ago.  How freaky is that?  The paper described it is as; “a bat crawled out from under a shoe rack and bit his foot.”  Seriously – how freaky is that?  I think if I saw a bat crawling towards my naked foot I’d beat the hell outta there.  Shrieking at the top of my lungs all the way of course.  

And the really awful part of the story is that the bat has rabies!  Now that little boy has to get giant shots in his stomach with 12 inch long needles five times a day.  Okay, I don’t know if that’s really how they treat rabies these days, but I do remember hearing such horror stories when I was little.  Watch out for rabies or you’ll have to get shots in your stomach!  Scary.

Not quite as scary as being attacked by a monkey, but still, pretty scary.