Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Another reason Baseball is better.

I’ll be interesting to see how big this story gets. A fight nearly broke out this weekend when a youth league referee reportedly man handled a 10 year old, pulling him from the bottom of a dog pile, and yelling at him. The boy’s father, a coach for the Northwest Falcons, was nearby and charged the ref, shoving him hard in the chest before being restrained. The whole thing was caught on tape.

I watched the video a few times last night and the thing I noticed that the news people didn’t mention was that the boy, who had been tackled by several other boys, was kicking his feet quite forcefully. It looked to me like the ref picked up the boy by the back of the shirt and placed him on his feet and then began scolding him. I don’t know much about football, but I’m pretty sure if a pro football player was on the bottom of a dog pile and started kicking his legs to get the others off him, he would probably get into trouble too.

Am I wrong?