Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wondering

I was surprised this morning when I heard that a man in Rosedale had shot and killed his 35 year old son last night. Police had been called to respond to a family dispute and when they arrived they found the man with a single gun shot wound to the head. I couldn’t help what would drive a man to kill his own son. I couldn’t imagine ever being so angry as to want my son dead.

I did a little digging into the son’s background and learned that he had quite a few run-ins with the law. Of course that doesn’t give pops the right to shoot him, but from the looks of things Jr. was something of a tool. Or at least that’s what I call someone who beats his wife and doesn’t provide for his child, amongst other things.

Of course, he may have learned those behaviors from his father.