Tuesday, November 28, 2006

God is Good




I am pleased to announce that Baja Fresh is indeed coming to downtown Bakersfield. Woo hoo! As far as fast food, chain restaurants go it has some of the best tasting and healthiest food around. So far the only Baja Fresh in town was way out by the Marketplace and lord knows I don’t go that far for a fish taco. Not when I can make my own and they taste much better.

The restaurant is going to be in the new ‘Village something or other’ strip mall recently built right by the freeway in between 23rd and 24th streets. They had a sign up for a while indicating they were planning to put a Baja Fresh there, but then the sign disappeared and disappointment set in. My co-worker and I discussed it and we agreed it looked as if they had changed their minds. Then, a couple of days ago, while I was driving home and talking on my cell phone, I saw it. I stopped mid sentence and said, “Baja Fresh!” “Huh?” my friend asked. I could only stammer for a moment while tried to gather my emotions. “It’s really happening!” I thought to myself.

Obviously I need to get a life.