Thursday, November 16, 2006

I watch the sunrise every morning.

My friend works out near The Marketplace. When I leave to take her to work at around 5:45, it’s still dark, but by the time I drop her off and start driving home, the sun is coming up. I get to see the sunrise everyday. It is beautiful.

I keep thinking I need to take a picture of it and post it on my blog, but my crappy ass camera still isn’t working and I’m apparently too lazy to do anything about it, so y’all are just going to have to take my word for it. The sunrise over the Tehachapi Mountains really is beautiful. The sky lights up with brillant purple, pink, and orange colors over the blue mountains like an amazing watercolor painting. This morning I saw a crane swooping down onto Truxtun Lake. For a moment there, looking at the trees, and the birds, and the lake, and the sky, I almost forgot I was in Bakersfield.

Then two giant trucks went speeding past me, racing to get to the next red light first, and it all came back to me.