Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The 70's

My new friend that I met on my blog sent me an email today. (Hi Kristy!) The title was “If you grew up in the 70's,” and it had long list of things you would most likely recognize if you grew up in the 70’s. (Duh) Here are the things on the list I identified with most.


You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip-gloss till it almost dripped off.


In fact, I wore so much of this goo, if a dude had tried to kiss me he probably would have slipped off and ended up head butting me.

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.

I also used to record my hilarious conversations with friends because, you know, we were THAT funny.

You made Shrinky-Dinks

Not only did I use Shrinky Dinks, I searched for them when my son was little because I was sure he would love shrinking plastic stuff as much as I did. The proof was when he would ask me permission to set things on fire, and I would hand him the matches; minding him to be careful, of course.

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV.

Actually, it was a big event when a lot of shows came on each year. The list also includes Rudolph, Frosty, and How the Grinch stole Christmas.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

Did I ever! I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer soo bad I could hardly stand it. I still do.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

Oh sure, I begged, but I never got one. I also never got the Leggos, a Big Wheel, or the Baby Alive I asked for either. At least I got to play Simon at Flo's house.

You owned "Klick-Klacks" and smacked yourself in the face more than once !

I don't remember hitting myself in the face, but I DO remember that this was one of the most painful toys invented. It was more of a weapon, really.

You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books.

This is SO true! I even started a club after reading this book so we could discuss our periods. Not that any of us had it yet.

You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album.

This is also so true, except it wasn't my album, it was Flo's. And we knew every word to every song.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

Actually, Ididn't have one, but I think Flo did because I remember looking at it when I was at her house. She also had pictures of Scott Baio all over the walls.

You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first "real" perfume you ever owned.

There were a couple of years there where I absolutly reeked of this stuff. No wonder the boys didn't like me.