Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Buon Compleanno!

Today is my older sister’s birthday. I say older sister because she is older than I am, but she’s not bigger than I am. For those of you who know me, that makes her pretty darn tiny. No matter how tall she, I have always looked up to her.

My poor sister had to share her room with a spoiled brat seven years her younger. I can only imagine the torture she endured. I was all up in her business. Of course, she had her ways of keeping me in line. She had big, red, stuffed tomato with a worm coming out it that all of her friends signed. I wanted to sign it too, so to appease me she let me sign it on the very bottom; where nobody else could see it.

My sister was always a fierce competitor; nothing would stop her from keeping up with our brother. They are just two years apart and they played together and fought together like close siblings do. I came along so much later I didn’t get to play with them much. Unless you count all the times they played dead until I cried. I was always a little envious of them, but not for a good reason. My brother and sister loved me despite my brattiness, and I managed to develop a special relationship with each of them regardless of the age differences.

My sister spent the past few months in Italy, but she’ll finally be coming home in a couple of weeks. I have missed her terribly and can’t wait to see her again.

I love you sister. Happy Birthday.