Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Lovely Meal

I had the pleasure of dining with JR of Illpressed fame last Friday. We keep on trying to have sushi but our efforts continue to be thwarted one way or another, so we finally just went to Mama Roomba’s. Not that Mama Roomba is a place to be settled for. I love it and I was thrilled to learn it was Jesse’s first time. We sat outside because it was a beautiful day and immediately ordered mojitos.

Jesse didn’t care for it as much as I did because he said he was worried about getting green mint leaves caught in his teeth. He’s very priggish like that.

They had a special that night of seared scallops, so of course we ordered it. It was excellent.

I also insisted on ordering all my other favorites - like the ceviche. I love those little hard corn things. What are those called, do you know?



And, of course, my other favorites – sweet potato fries, and corn & cheese empanadas. Yum!

Despite the fact that Jesse was cheating on his diet and I was starving, we still didn’t manage to eat it all. Perhaps that was because were too busy talking.

Thanks Jesse! I had fun!!