Friday, May 25, 2007

What's the Point?

There’s a man that I work with who does something strange every day. Or at least I think it’s strange. He’s a nice man and I like him. Every morning when I walk into work he is sitting in the same spot and I say, “Good morning Jake” and he says, “Good morning Bake!” and that’s it. That is the extent of our relationship, and I like it that way. But I have to admit I am dying to ask him about the strange thing he does.

The strange thing he does is word searches. Everyday he sits there with his Big Book O’ Word Searches and circles letters. Every few days he has a new book. Obviously there are stranger things out there, but just don’t get the point of word searches. Crossword puzzles – okay, I get that. But word searches?? There is absolutely no value to them, and this dude is hooked on them. Granted there are worse habits. Crack. Hookers. Peanut butter. Whatever. Those habits I can understand. But word searches?

The only thing word searches are good for is straining the eyes