Monday, June 25, 2007

Get a life?

There’s a bill board near my work I don’t care for. It’s an advertisement for a Dodge Ram and it features a picture of a man’s arm with a truck tattooed on it. Underneath the picture it reads, “Get a life at your local Kern County Dodge Dealer.” What the hell?

Are they suggesting that you’re not driving one of their gas guzzling monster trucks you don’t have a life? Or are they saying that until you are so enamored by your vehicle that you have its image tattooed on your arm, you have not lived? I beg to differ. I think my life is infinitely better because I don’t own a Dodge Ram. I don’t have friends bugging me to help them haul crap all over town. And I don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on gas every month in order to propel my ass around.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s when you start to think about tattooing a picture of your truck on your arm, that’s about the time you should start worrying about “getting a life.”