Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Good Day Sunshine!

Oscar and I have developed our own little Saturday morning routine. We walk down to the Village Grill for breakfast and sit outside on the patio reading the paper and sipping coffee. Next we walk down to the Farmer’s Market and pick up fresh fruits and veggies for the week. After all the groceries are settled, we take the left over stale bread to the park to feed to the ducks. This is my favorite part of the routine because we now have a competition going to see who can hit the most ducks in the face. I’m winning so far.

After beaning the ducks we drive around looking for yard sales. Mostly we just poke about and look at other people’s stuff. Last week I bought a cookbook and a couple of cassette tapes for 3 dollars. The tapes are The Bangles and it was quite a blast from the past to hear some of their songs I had forgotten about like “Walk Down Your Street” and “If She Knew What She Wants.” It makes me want to dig out all my old tapes and see what I can find.

I’ve been listening to a lot more music lately with Oscar around. I don’t know why I quit listening in the first place, but I did. I would rarely put music on unless I had company. I even stopped listening to it in my car unless I was on a long trip. I guess after living alone for so long I just got used to the silence. It’s been fun rediscovering old bands and song I had pretty much forgotten about.

It’s funny how a simple song can hold so many memories.