Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wedding Bells

In three more days Oscar and I will be getting married. I haven’t been this excited about something since my son was born. People keep asking me if I’m nervous and other people keep sending me their condolences. I used to be one of those people. Not anymore. I wasn’t really happy being alone. I got used to it, but I didn’t love it. Sometimes, when my friends would come over bitching about their boyfriends or husbands, I acted like I was the lucky one. I had my freedom. And all the covers. I also worried about being found dead on the kitchen floor because I slipped and fell and there was nobody there to find me.

There isn’t a smidgen of doubt, or fear, or worry in me when I think about being Oscar’s wife. I can’t think of anything that could ever make me happier. Just thinking about it makes my eyes water.

After the wedding we’re going to get our picture taken (right Seven!?) then we’re heading up to Kernville for our honeymoon. Fancy, huh?


At least there’ll be plenty of ducks to feed.