Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy! Happy! Hurry! Hurry!

Whew - have I been busy! True, I took some time off from work, but it has been non stop go! go! go! ever since Oscar and I tied the knot. A few days after we returned from our romantic honeymoon in Kernville, we had my entire family over for dinner to celebrate my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary. We’d only been married a week, but we managed to pull off getting 16 people around one big table and feeding them a fairly decent meal! Yikes! Then the next we knew it was Christmas Eve and we were off for Oscar’s family Christmas. Then we had Christmas morning at our house with Paul and my parents. Two days later we had a wedding celebration dinner at Narducci’s with 30 of our closest friends and the next thing I knew I had invited everybody over for New Year’s Eve party, so we had to scramble to get ready for that. (Also, somewhere in there we had a delicious fresh crab fest dinner with my brother and his wife.) Oh! And this weekend we’re having our mothers over for their birthdays and then next weekend is my best friend’s baby shower.

Now you know why I started my blog when I was single.