Sunday, January 30, 2005

Flo's Top Ten - The Old & The New

My top ten. I have mixed together old and existing places. Since I have not lived there in almost ten years I am not familiar with the newer places. These are in no particular order.

1. Stine School (met my best friend there.)

2. West High School (made many of my great friends there, and learned to drink with the best of 'em.)

3. Little Herbie's Pizza (only the really old timers probably remember this, but it was the best!)

4. Cal State Bakersfield (go ahead and laugh, but I got a couple of degrees and made many good friends there--many of whom were hotty swimmers.)

5. Roller Town (is that what it was called?--spent many a junior high evening there, and met many a cute boy. Bake Town met a boy that looked like Ralph Macchio.)

6. Vidal's (many great memories with the Fearsome Foursome and orange California Coolers here.)

7. Alley Cat (old Alley Cat was the best.)

8. Lyon's (the only late night place to go after the bars had closed.)

9. The Fun Factory circa 1980-1982 (I used to stop by there on my way home from Junior High everyday--it had Tempest, the best video game ever.)

10. Mannequins (JUMPING TRAINS!!! and remember Tommy and Eddie?)


(Bake Town Note - I made no comments or adjustments, because as usual, Flo is perfect.)