Monday, January 24, 2005

What's up?



The Gods took pity on Bake Town yesterday. For one day, one day only, it was beautiful. A friend and I decided to soak up as much sun (and liquor) as possible, so we headed out to THE Marketplace. Apparently no body else in town had the same idea, because we had the patio at Que Pasa to ourselves. I felt just like a lizard on a rock, sunning myself contentedly across from the fountain. We ordered two Cadillac margaritas and two fish tacos and then proceeded to make fun of people walking by. We didn’t intend to make fun of the people, but it’s just so hard not to when they dress like that!

Anyway, the fish tacos were good but according to my friend they were not even close to as good as mine. We started talking about getting rich selling my fish tacos but then the second round of margaritas arrived and all intelligent conversation came to a screeching halt. We realized it was time to go when my friend leaned her head down to sip her drink and came back up with the straw stuck in her hair and margarita juice dripping down into her face. I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself. Just thinking about it now is making me laugh again. Seriously, I was howling.

We caused such a scene people walking by stopped to make fun of us.