Sunday, March 06, 2005

Philips TVs Suck Butt




I cannot even BEGIN to explain how pissed-off, stunned, and completely flabbergasted, I am right now. The TV that I purchased BRAND NEW this past fall – is dead. How do I know it's dead? I know because I purchased another TV, the exact same model, in August of 2004. That TV lasted a couple months (or less) and then, one day, when I tried to turn it on, it made a weird flash, as if it was starting, and went blank. Nothing I did to remedy the situation helped. At first I freaked because I couldn’t find the receipt. But then, luckily, I discovered it stuck in between the seats in my car. I promptly returned the set to K-Mart (I know, I know ... but it was on sale) and left with another. Since then, everything has been fine. Until today.

This piece of crap TV just did the EXACT same thing the other one did - weird flash, then nothing. It’s dead. I can NOT believe this. I still have the receipt on my refrigerator (I was more careful the second time.) I can’t remember if I mailed in the warranty or not.

The funny thing is, the original TV I was replacing, was great. I bought it when my son was, oh say... 3 or 4, and I never had one problem with it. So, last summer when I tried to turn it on and it did nothing, I was not that surprised. And I was not (too) upset. I knew it was his time to go. God rest his soul, Amen.

Needless to say, things have not been the same since my beloved JVC passed.