Thursday, May 18, 2006

The love of my life

If it seems like I’ve been a bit absent lately it’s because I have.  I have a confession to make.  I’ve begun a new love affair.  This love affair is different from any I’ve had before.  I know it will last.  I know I can count on it to bring me hours of pleasure, comfort, and support.  You see, this love affair is with my bed.

Now I’ve been loving my bed for some time now.  It is the most comfortable bed in the world.  Everyone says so.  It has the perfect combination of softness and firmness.  But recently I switched from my cozy winter flannel sheets to my new 500 count cotton sheets and my bed just got 100 times better. I am in heaven.  The only problem is I don’t ever want to get up.

I frequently hear people talk about how they love sleeping under piles of covers in the winter.  Not me.  Give me some quality sheets and a nice air conditioned room and I can sleep forever.  This morning I absolutely could not get up.  Every time my alarm went off I would beat it like a naughty step child then roll over and embrace my bed with all the affection of a lost lover.  

Needless to say, I was late to work this morning.