Sunday, August 22, 2004

Called out

I got a call tonight from a former Fieldian. Apparently he wanted to make sure I was watching the Olympics. I was chastised when I confessed I wasn’t. I’ve watched some, but not like I did when I was a kid. When I was little, the Olympics were a big deal. Now it just seems sorta mildly interesting. (My apologies to all the athletes who have spent their lives training for this event.) I think the fact that it is in Athens is cool. And I like the olive wreath head things they are using. I don’t feel too guilty though - word is that most of the seats available to these events are empty. Huh. You mean there are lots of people not interesting in spending 300 euros on a seat to the women's synchronized swimming finals? Go figure.

Thanks for the call anyway CC & best of luck with your routine.