Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Let's make nice


Pretty Park Posted by Hello

Long, long ago, when I first started this blog, I claimed the purpose was to make Bakersfield proud. So…I’ve made fun a little along the way – I really do think Bake Town is a nice place to live. (Not as nice as other places – but still, kinda nice.)

In the paper today, for example, there’s article about the employees from Custom Building Products cleaning up a junk pile from a vacant lot in Oildale. They weren’t told to clean it up or asked to clean it up – they just decided to clean it up. Their boss supported them by allowing them to stay “on the clock” while they toiled under the hot sun. See! That was nice. More local companies should do that. I know I wouldn’t mind getting outside and doing some community service in place of going to work.

But only in the Fall of course – it's too hot out there!