Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Update

So it turns out the rumors were true. Mexicana Airlines wants to provide service from Bakersfield to Guadalajara four times a week. Apparently the most popular destination of Kern County travelers is Guadalajara, which kinda surprises me considering I’ve been a Kern County resident for 37 years and I’ve never been to Guadalajara. Of course, the whole thing hinges on our ablitiy to get the U.S. Customs stuff worked out, so I wouldn’t start packing anytime soon.

Things are looking up this year, according to today’s paper, we have “shattered” previous rainfall records and more than tripled the average for the rainy season. All that with just 1.54 inches of rain. Go ahead and laugh, I'm used to it. Even more amazing is the fact that “the wet weather didn’t result in any major accidents and the number of minor accidents was not particularly high.”

Two women were found dead – one run over by a car and the other set on fire in a field. Yeesch. Seems like every other day some women is getting killed around here. I think I’m going to start watching my back.

Election day is around the corner so I thought I’d share a couple of websites I thought were kinda cool. For the liberals there’s Northern Sun and for the conservatives there’s The Right Things. Don’t ask me which one I prefer cuz I ain’t telling.

And if you don’t vote you’re a total loser so go read some other blog.