Thursday, December 09, 2004

P-Files

So I’m watching TV last night with a friend of mine and some news about the Peterson case comes on and my friend says to me “I went to high school with Amber Frey.” I was all, “get out!” “Really” she replied, “I talked to her at the high school reunion a couple of years ago.” No-You-DINDN’T!! She then proceeds to tell me how she attended a small high school north of here but didn’t really remember Amber. At the reunion she couldn’t figure out why she looked familiar and was wondering why there were news vans parked all over the place. Somebody finally told her what was going on. Later Amber came up to my friend to say hello and chitchat. My friend told me kept asking Amber “How ARE you?” to which Amber would reply, “Fine. How are you? What have you been up to" basically avoiding the question all together. If you knew my friend this story would seem even funnier – she is a total kook.

My friend continued by telling me about the gossip she had heard that 2 other women Scott dated in the past went missing and were never found. I had another friend mention the same rumor last week. Being the obsessive court watcher that I am I decided to do some research. The rumor that two women Scott dated went missing is not true. It is true however that a student at Cal Poly named Kristen Smart disappeared in 1996 and has never been found. And it is also true that Scott also went to Cal Poly at the time and that his name is Scott’s name is on the list of people to be interviewed.

Very interesting.