Saturday, December 11, 2004

Saturday Mourning

It’s really foggy today. I can’t figure out why it gets foggy on the weekends. There is no school – there should be no fog. Fog makes me not want to go outside. So I curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and start to read the paper and guess what I see first? “Suspect clings to life after police shooting.” Good Lord! Again? Already? Didn’t they just kill someone two weeks ago? There’s also some news that the couple found burned up in their house were victims of a murder/suicide. How awful. And a St. Bernard attacked a little girl on the way to school yesterday. A St. Bernard? I thought they saved little girls and carried brandy in little barrels to warm their chilled bones. The local news is too depressing.

The Business section isn’t much better. 1st headline: “Jobless rate edges higher.” Second headline: “Illegal dumpers raise cost of doing business.” The Sports section is much better. The East High Blades won the Central Section Division II Title for the first time in the school’s 66 years history! Wow! That’s almost as exciting as the Red Sox winning the World Series! The bad news is Stockdale was beat by Clovis West. GGGRRR. I hate it when Fresno teams win. Fresno sucks.

Let’s see what’s in Eye St. Oh no! Sunday is the 21st annual Christmas Toy Run. Once a year for the past three years I have been tormented for about 3 hours as 3,500 motorcycles roar by my house. They are sooooo loud!! The riders donate 20 bucks and/or food and toys, and then they all jump on their motorcycles to ride to the fairgrounds for food and entertainment.

That's great for the kiddies - but what about me?


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:29 PM

    That motorcycle thing is the number 1 reason I moved from your complex.

    ReplyDelete