Friday, December 24, 2004

Scene not Seen

If by “White Christmas” you mean thick fog, then Bake Town will be especially delightful for you this holiday season. An article in the Californian says (remember kids – don’t believe everything you read in the paper!) that the dense fog will also make the air quality worse than normal, so that gives us all something to look forward to.

I made my yearly trek to the downtown bars last night with some friends. I was surprised at first at how few people were in The Cat. But after about 10 minutes of deafening 80’s head banger music I realized why. I don’t know how that place stays in business. We promptly left and headed for The Mint. The atmosphere was much nicer. There were enough tables and chairs for all of us, the musical selection was enjoyable and the volume was perfect. The only thing we didn’t care for was the plastic cups.

Apparently the glasses have all been broken during the many bar fights.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 PM

    No glasses because they all broke? Sounds like the Mint. The first time I walked into the Mint two short Mexican girls were either fighting or trying to get each other undressed as painfully as possible.

    Did you happen to hit the Silver Fox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but I'm sure I'll make it there by New Years.

    ReplyDelete