Monday, March 21, 2005

Up and At'em!

I woke up this morning at 6:00, just like I normally do. But instead of jumping out of bed I rolled back over and allowed myself to go back to sleep. I don’t have to work today, and I was determined to sleep in. A couple of hours later I awoke to what sounded like a large mosquito buzzing. It was the gardener and his favorite gardening tool, the leaf blower. Still determined to sleep, I placed a pillow over my head and dozed off again.

Thirty minutes later the gardener was standing directly beneath my bedroom window, the smell of fuel burning, trying to blast every last leaf and/or speck of dirt through the wall and into my brain. Alright, Alright! I’ll get up! Who are you – my dad?

I do have a lot to do today, and although a previous forecast had predicted nothing but rain everyday, all week; it’s actually been quite nice. I took some pictures of the amazing clouds we’ve been seeing lately, but for some reason I have not been able to upload any pictures to my blog ever since I started using that Bakotopia camera. I’ve been sabotaged!

The main item on my agenda, however, is to return my TV to K-Mart. Again. I called them and explained my situation and the manager I spoke to was kind enough to take pity on me and allow me to return the set. Whew! Now if this next TV dies any time within the next year, I am going to have a TV bashing party.

I’ll supply the goggles, and you get to BYOB (Bring your own Bat!).