Thursday, April 14, 2005

Get your Freak on...later

You can not imagine my disappointment when I read in the paper this morning that the 3rd annual “Freak Fest” scheduled for April 22 – 24 had been postponed. Y es people, Bakersfieldians can not possibly get freaky enough on just one or even two days. It takes THREE full days of freakiness to sufficiently satisfy our citizens.

The Freak Fest, normally held at the Famoso Raceway in McFarland (yeah, that’s a place I want to spend a weekend getting freaky), “Features a motocross competition, a custom car show, two days worth of hard rock concerts, food and music in a festival atmosphere.” The article also says, “Participants are encouraged to camp out at the track, bring their tents and trailers, creating a Woodstock-style event.”

My apologies to ANYONE who I may offend right now, but when I hear the words motocross, car show, hard rock concerts, Famoso Raceway, and McFarland, the last thing to pop into my mind is Woodstock. And again, forgive me, but methinks the title is befitting the event.

That being said - there between 15,000 to 20,000 people out running around out there who are very disappointed right now. (Scary thought, huh?) My suggestion is this: take your freaky ass’s downtown, have a good time, support local business, and for heaven’s sake DO NOT start a fight!


p.s. I stole the headline for this post from the paper. Please don't sue me!!