Thursday, April 21, 2005

Lookin' Forward

The Eye Street section of the paper is full of news about the formerly named Freak Fest this weekend. They've changed the name to Spring Fest and it's been moved from McFarland to Bakersfield. The picture on the cover of Eye Street shows some pretty scary looking guys. (I can't help but think the name Freak Fest may be more appropriate.) For $30 bucks you can see 50 bands play at either The Dome or Stramler Park. Most of the bands are what I call screamers – death metal, hard-core metal and the like. Some of the bands are a little lighter, described as pop punk. The only band playing I've seen before is The Filthies, who I love, but I'm really interested in checking out some of the others. Unfortunately, I do not think I am going to be able to make it this year.

At the same time Spring Fest is going on the Hoops Extreme event will be happening at the civic. I'm planning on working the booth for Bakotopia at least one day. Also, on Saturday there is the Wine Fest, which my mom said she could get me a ticket for. Clearly this is going to be an eventful weekend for me.

Who says there's nothing to do in this town?