Thursday, May 26, 2005

Avast, me hearties!

We have a new radio station in town called Pirate radio 93.1. They play hits from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s & 00’s. (Does that make sense?) I was talking about the new station with Chuck and I told him I liked it and he replied. “That’s because you’re old.” I responded, “Shut up or I’ll stick a bone in your eye” and he quieted down immediately.

So, as I was looking for a cool pirate pic to steal and post on my blog I came across a couple of fun web sites. This one is all about talking like a pirate and this one helps you discover your pirate name. Mine is Dirty Jenny Rackham and this is what they had to say about me.

“You’re the pirate every one else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames.”