Thursday, May 05, 2005

CATastrophe Averted.

I knew I should have done a follow up on the story about the kitten stuck in Oildale but I swear to God I am getting carpal tunnel from all typing I’ve been doing. That’s part of the reason I haven’t posted much. That and that fact that I DO have a job (believe it or not.)

The kitten was rescued early Tuesday when an animal lover with a glass company decided he would remove and replace the glass window. He then took the cat to the vet to have him checked out. According to the paper, the staff nick-named him Starvin’ Marvin and he’s going home with Bobbie Pinkerton, the man who saved him. Pinkerton has a history of saving animals. The paper has a picture of him rescuing a dog from a burning house back in 2002.

Apparently a lot of people offered to adopt the kitten so Kern County Animal Control is reminding the public that there are a least 50 kittens in shelters that also need good homes.

Makes me want to get a kitty.